Wednesday, September 16, 2009

730 days ago...

Yesterday was our second wedding anniversary. It started out as a stressful day, complete with a clingy, diaper-rashed baby, a dirty, filthy house, and stupid work issues to deal with. Then...my husband came home, and my night quickly turned around - long stemmed red roses, a fantastic, touching card, a delicious dinner at Big Rock Chophouse, super expensive wine, and a fantastic sitter who picked up my house for me! I couldn't have asked for more :-) It was great. Seriously. Probably the best night I've had since... oh.... I dunno... our wedding festivities? Seriously, it was perfect!

Of course, in typical Elyse fashion, I forgot my camera. Again. So, unfortunately, no pictures of our fantastic meal, my handsome husband, or my gorgeous roses. But I wouldn't want to leave you without some kind of visual enjoyment, so here's some pictures from our honeymoon in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Look closely, you can see the worker who climbed the tree to get me a fresh coconut!


Our villa - we were upgraded to a honeymoon suite!




Erik's favorite cigar bar, fashioned after Ernest Hemmingway's place



Mariachi band at one of our a la carte dinners





Posing in front of the swim-up bar, our favorite spot in the entire resort!



The hotel at night - tiki torches were everwhere



My new hubby, enjoying one of the many yummy wines we had!




Being goofy, showing off my new wedding ring!

1 comment:

  1. I am SO glad you had such a wonderful night! You deserve it! Who was your sitter that picked up your house? They can come be my sitter too! HA! Can't believe it has been 2 years already! Congrats again! xo

    ReplyDelete