Saturday, June 6, 2009

7 Months and Baptized!

I can't believe the G-man is 7 months old already! He's getting SOOO big, and it seems every day, he's hitting a new milestone, or displaying a new skill, and developing into a little man. The last month has been very busy -- still no crawling, but he's almost there (yeah, yeah, I know I've been saying that for about six weeks now, but really, he's thisclose, I swears!). He has managed to pull himself up a few times, so maybe he'll be one of those child prodigies that skips crawling all together, and moves directly on to walking?!?!!



He is expanding his food repertoire, and I have to say, he doesn't have a discriminating palette, the kid'll eat anything (and good thing too, because homemade baby food is time consuming!). So far, he's successfully eaten: squash, sweet potato, zucchini, asparagus, green beans, spring peas, bananans, cinnamon applesauce, pears, blueberries, and mango. The only failure has been apricots, which were too sour. And his good appetite sure shows - he's nearly topping 21 pounds, and growing fast! In fact, today was his first time sitting up in a high chair at a restuarant, and he did GREAT! I'd show you pictures, but someone* deleted the pictures. So you'll just have to take my word for it that it was cute...

In other news, Graham was baptized last weekend, at the very same church his daddy was baptized in 35 years ago. And he did such a good job, he was nice and behaved during the service, and let out hardly a whimper during the actual baptism. And then we got to eat yummy cake :-) Good stuff.


I'm sure more exciting updates will be coming shortly, as we're anxiously awaiting** a few teeth, if the copious amounts of drool are any indication.


*I'm not saying who, but his name rhymes with "Schmerick"

**more accurately, Graham, Mommy and Daddy are looking forward to the misery being over, Mommy's boobs, well... notsomuch...

1 comment:

  1. I swore I posted a comment yesterday! Anyway, I have been waiting for this post...too cute!

    ReplyDelete