Sunday, February 15, 2009

Cool Aunt Karen

Graham's one pretty lucky kid. He has an amazing extended family that loves him to bits and pieces. Grandparent, aunts and uncles, cousins, and godparents who all think he's the best, sweetest, and most deliciously cute baby ever (and in my completely un-biased opinion, they're completely right!!!).

Graham's particularly lucky to have his Aunt Karen* around - and by extension, so are we. This past Friday, Aunt Karen came over to babysit so Mom and Dad could spend some much-needed time out, baby-free. It was our little pre-Valentine's Day surprise for Daddy!!! Erik and I had such a great time out; we went to a quick dinner, had some minor movie-time drama (hey, you didn't expect us to have an entire night free of chaos, did you?!?!), and caught a show. We HIGHLY recommend Taken, the new Liam Neeson movie that's out right now. We loved it, it was a good mix of drama, action and a good plot-line. And I'm sure *those* of you (and you know who you are!) that find Liam super-sexy won't be disappointed either!

Anyway, back to Aunt Karen... she just loves her little nephew. I can honestly say that Graham and I wouldn't have enjoyed my maternity leave nearly as much without K around to lend a hand, entertain and provide much-needed respites. I can't count how many times I've been saved from a near-breakdown or been on the brink of chaos, only to have Aunt Karen come to my rescue. So, it's time for my public acknowledgment........ THANK YOU, SIS! You rock!

Nostalgic moment: 3 week old Graham
shopping with Aunt Karen on Black Friday

*aka: the chick legally known as Karen Marie, but who insists on being referred to as Karin....

No comments:

Post a Comment