Monday, February 8, 2010

Grateful

It's February 8, 2010, and I'm sitting here amazed and oh so grateful for everything I have. Two years ago today, Erik and I were sitting in the doctor's office with our fingers crossed, hoping and praying that our IUI would work. We'd undergone testing, injections, and numerous ultrasounds to get to this point, all in hopes of starting our family.

Through it all, Erik's patience, his optimism, and his concern reminded me how incredibly lucky I was to have such an outstanding partner. And today, two years later, I am still so grateful that I get to share the rest of my life with such a wonderful man.

Two years ago today, as we were sitting in that procedure room, I knew there was the possibility that I might never be a mother. And yet, I'm sitting here today watching my toddler waddle around the family room, pulling his wooden puppy behind him and jabbering excitedly to his daddy. My adorable, goofy little boy, the little miracle I prayed and hoped for so desperately two years ago, is more perfect than I ever could have imagined, and I am so proud and grateful to be his mommy.

I'm grateful for my family, even the pain-in-the-butt dogs. And today, I have one more thing to be grateful for. Two years ago today, I didn't know if I was ever going to be a mommy, and today, I can say I'm so profoundly grateful to be mom to one incredible little boy, and his gorgeous little sister.

It's a GIRL!

2 comments:

  1. YEAH! I am so excited for you guys! Let there be lots of ladybugs! I can only imagine how much shopping you will do....and lots of other people too. Funny thing is you HAVE too cause I am sure most of G's stuff is not neutral! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That is quite a convincing "girl" shot if I ever saw one! No doubt about it, you're having a daughter! :)

    ReplyDelete